Spring is here, which means it’s time for many of us to replace our ATV or UTV’s track system with tires. Elements such as mud, dust, water and humidity can alter and corrode the moving parts of your track system during storage, so now is the perfect time to carry out season change maintenance of your Camso track system. Here’s how:
1. Remove each track system
Carefully group and label all components to avoid confusion. Remove the plates first, then the wheel nuts and finally, the rest of the system.
- CAMSO PRO TIP: Always remove all track system anti-rotation brackets and their components before reinstalling the wheels. Leaving the brackets attached to the suspension arms could cause interference and potentially damage the vehicle.
Using your track system year-round?
See your owner’s manual for recommendations on track tension and bearings.
Find your owner’s manual online >
2. Clean each track system
Gently remove all dirt and debris using a biodegradable degreaser and gentle spray of water. If using a pressure washer, work with extreme care because the spray can damage rolling components.
- CAMSO PRO TIP: Avoid using a brake cleaning solvent, which can damage sealing components and stickers.
Time for a new track system?
Explore Camso’s ATV & side-by-side track systems to discover the latest technologies
See brochure >
Visit a Camso dealer near you >
3. Inspect all parts
Look for any signs of damage, wear or cracks. This includes the track, the tie rod, wheels, and all bearings.
- CAMSO PRO TIP: Identify the parts to replace and make a list of any damaged or worn-out components and order them now from your local dealer. That way, you’ll be ready for those first track days on your next adventure.
4. Adjust all components
Refer to your owner’s manual and installation guidelines for instructions for your specific track system.
See more track system maintenance & driving tips
Find your owner’s manual and installation guidelines online >
5. Lubricate rolling parts
Clean the old lubricant and apply a new coat on rolling parts.
- CAMSO PRO TIP: Pour 5 teaspoons of oil under the wheel caps and between the bearings to extend wheel life.
Shopping around for the best track system?
Compare track, flotation & stability
Compare all track systems for your vehicle make >
6. Store systems horizontally
Store your track systems on their side so that gravity can better disperse the lubricant. This will also prevent water from accumulating in the bearings and other parts so that they don’t rust and potentially fail.
- CAMSO PRO TIP: Always store track systems in a dry location away from direct sunlight.
Want more pro tips?
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Maintaining and storing your track system is good for your vehicle’s performance, your safety and your track warranty. Consult your owner’s manual for more information.
Questions about your Camso track system?
Contact us. We’ve got answers.
1-866-533-0008 (Toll-Free USA and Canada)
Explore our FAQ >